Burlington using ticket system for indoor events


Even with the countywide variance, Burlington Huskies fans will still need a ticket to get into indoor games. 

In a weekly newsletter sent out by Burlington Schools, it was stated that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, they are only allowed 278 spectators in their new gym. 

This number applies to both home and visiting teams. 

“In an effort to be fair, we will be using a tickets system,” the newsletter stated.

The plan for the tickets is for away games that are expected to exceed the capacity of 278. When the games require tickets, Burlington Schools will send 40 percent (111 tickets) to the visiting school to distribute. The remaining 60 percent of the tickets (167 tickets) will be distributed among the BHS fans.

The preference order for the tickets will go as follows: parents, grandparents, siblings (middle/high school aged), student body and younger siblings (elementary aged and younger). 

In the same fashion as other schools in Big Horn County, spectators will be required to maintain 6-foot distancing from spectators not in the same household along with wearing masks when entering the gym and when 6 feet cannot be maintained.

Children younger than middle school are required to sit with family. Masks will be required for the student body and teams sitting together with less than 6 feet in distancing.

Screening for COVID-19 symptoms is going to occur at the events where fans will be asked if they are feeling any symptoms. Fans will enter through the main entrance and athletes will enter through the west doors of the gym. 

The school does plan on having concessions available at the events. 

The school plans to utilize a Google form for tickets to be requested. The form can be printed and sent to Mike Aagard, the school’s activities director.